I am a big fan of liquid eyeliner and have been using different ones for years. My favourite kinds are the ones with felt tip pen-style brushes as I find you have better control over the line as you use them just like normal pens. Today I'm reviewing a couple of low-price ones, compared to say, brands like L'Oreal or Bourjois.
MeMeMe Drama T'Eyes Precision Tip liner
The blurb: "A water-resistant felt tip eyeliner that defines and accentuates eyes when precision is required!"
- It has a very fine nib
- It dries quickly so no smudging
- It is difficult to remove, leaves a grey line that takes a while to wash off, not a great look!
- May be a bit too fine, but good for thin, everyday lines, not so good for flicks as it's slightly too thin
Swatches: Now I was going to take a picture of this one because I was really impressed when I swatched it in the shop, however, when I got my one out and drew a line down my hand, it was all grey and smudged, uneven, thick and basically completely different to what I thought I'd bought! It might just be I picked up a faulty one, but I can't understand how it's gone from being such a promising precise liner to this grey mess! Very disappointed.
This retails for £4.99 in Superdrug
After the disappointment that was MeMeMe this liner has really impressed me over the last couple of weeks since I bought it.
- It dries quickly
- Has a thicker nib than the MeMeMe one.
- It's super easy to draw equal cat-eye flicks (and I'm not exactly an expert so imagine that!)
- It comes in several different colours: black, purple, teal and blue, so if you fancy a bit of colour then it's great (wish it came in brown as well though!)
Essentially, this is one of the best liquid liners I've used. It's quite similar to Bourjois Liner Feutre, but a lot cheaper, and it's quite easy to use so I'd recommend it for liquid liner beginners!
This retails for £2.99 in Boots or Superdrug